4/30/2007

New Layout, v.2

Well, after spending most of the weekend beating my head against my desk, I think we've got a more workable and visually appealing version of the blog.

I was sick to death of the green (sorry, Leigh!) and wanted to shift into some warmer tones. As for functionality, there might still need to be some tweaks, so let me know if you have problems with anything.

Again, clicking on the title will display the comments beneath that post. For those of you who like more than one post per page, the archives are now broken out weekly, so you can use that function if you like. If you're like me and prefer to see one per page, clicking on the "older" or "newer" buttons beneath a post will scroll to the next (or, of course, the titles under each weekly calendar posting).

I haven't added a new picture of the blog's namesake, Chloe Sevigny. There are too many hideous options from which to choose, and I'm at the exhausted point of thinking everything is absolutely hysterical right now.

Thank you, everyone, for putting up with this weekend's myriad versions of layouts and color schemes. They were certainly not good, so I appreciate your tolerance with the changeover!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a nice picture of Prettykins™. :-)

Sprezzatura said...

I like the warm tones.

Aspeth said...

Hi Sprezzie...glad you like.

I tested this with different versions of IE and Mozilla (hit some huge snags by Sunday afternoon with IE), so everyone should be able to view this okay.

If anyone is seeing anything strange on their end, if the page doesn't seem to be loading or laying out properly, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix.

Sprezzatura said...

It looked fine under Opera and Firefox on a Mac.

Akubi said...

I like the new colors and structure. Avocado green works well on a limited and contrasted level and peach is the perfect counterpoint. Perfect feng shui from here, but I don't think that's at all required when one writes as well as you do.

Akubi said...

One other aesthetic comment: I miss the yawning Chloe photo.

Aspeth said...

Sprezz...thank you for letting me know that. I was hoping that would be the case.

Domo arigato Akubi-san! Yes, I really liked that photo because, depending on the mood I was in when I saw it, it seemed like she was yawning, shocked, disgusted, or had just sat in something squishy!

Sprezzatura said...

I'm probably one of the few folks who uses a Mac at the office and a PC at home. Although that will probably change at some point this year.