2/17/2007

Calling "Bullshit" at Technorati

Is anybody else just fucking sick of being lied to?!?! In the spirit of Joe Rogan, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Technorati.com is a whole load of bullshit.

This supposedly "user-driven" search tool rates profiles, blogs, stories, and the like, based on usage. Bloggers sometimes fight to trump each other in its rankings.

I've noticed lately, that "lizz dunn" is a popular poster in the Technorati ranks. I didn't think much of it, until tonight when I was scrolling through Technorati's employee postings.

And then I saw lizz dunn.

But to whomever this photo actually belongs, we may never know. To the eye, she is a 40-something hausfrau with 1990's knots in her hair. She makes posts like "No, SILLY!...."

Yes, (pretends to be a kitten batting a ball of yarn) we are ALL so SILLY, SNUGGLEPUSS!!!

What this really comes down to is that Technorati, first and foremost, claims to be "user-driven." The reality is anything but. Its employees are disguising themselves as users and pushing whatever bullshit is the key of the day. And yes, TwelveYearsOfBeingAnnoyedByChloeSevigny has topped that list, as I've previously told you. And I'm still calling "bullshit."


Technorati users, I'm interested to hear how you feel about this?!?!?!?

0 comments: