2/16/2007

Joe Rogan Dropped by the Gersh Agency

In the ultimate act of punishing the kid who tattles rather than the kid who put a hammer through someone's head, comedian Joe Rogan has been dropped by the Gersh Agency. Since they are the folks who rep both "Carlos Mencia" and Pauly Shore, they *obviously* know comedy.


Here's the scoop from Joe Rogan:


My agent dropped me because of the Carlos™
Posted by Joe Rogan on Thu, Feb 15th, 2007 06:14pm
This is starting to get hysterical.
As the fearful little animals scamper to a safe, dry spot on the sinking ship of lies, characters are exposed and karma is radiantly beautiful.

My agent from the Gersh agency, who is the same guy that represents Carlos, spoke to me on the phone today. He told me that he was being "put in the middle of this thing, and forced to make a choice." He said that Carlos wanted to get on the phone with me and end this once and for all, and get this... wanted an apology.
If I didn't do this, he wanted the Gersh agency to either drop me, or he would leave them.

I told them that was fucking hilarious, and said that it's been fun working with them. The fact that they would even consider asking me to do something like that meant I was going to leave them anyway, but the sheer stereotypical "hollywood" nature of conversation actually fucking shocked me.
It was like a scene in a movie. Not even a current movie. More like that Kevin Bacon movie "The Big Picture" that was about the evils of Hollywood from the early 90's.

I hung up the phone and laughed out loud. A real, hard, pleasure filled laugh.

Now can you IMAGINE if I was a young, struggling comic and all this shit went down? THAT is the really ugly part of it.
Now you know why people don't speak up about this shit.

Hollywood eats it's young.
At least the Gersh agency does.

What a fascinating, and intriguing life this is turning out to be.



Once again, if you're in the L.A. area this weekend, check out Joe Rogan at the Improv in Hollywood

While I think that being dropped by your agency for such a thing is complete and utter bullocks, I can't imagine that Joe Rogan will suffer for too long without representation. Any agency worth a whit will be able to use this current groundswell of support and earn some rock star bucks for this guy. But as we can all see, logic is trumped by bullshit in the world of comedy.

0 comments: