8/21/2008

Home Invasion or Car Robbery

If any of us were given these two options, knowing that one would be inevitable, the answer is unbelievably simple. Of course, I would prefer that someone damage my property rather than terrorize me personally.

But when the lesser option happens--when you walk out to your car in the morning to find your car glass bashed to fuck by a sledgehammer--you really look for an optimistic viewpoint to make the pain, hassle, and financial ramifications seem not so bad.

All day today, I kept thinking of the face-plate that I never take off of my car stereo. I know I should, but I don't. So when I saw all of the broken glass, that was the first thing I checked out. And, fuck me, the stereo was still there. As was every other piece of my car. No one had tried to jimmy the lock on my glove compartment, no one had broken the steering column of my car to try to steal it...nothing.

I was at peace with this for, um, maybe two minutes. Then I got even more angry. Because if parts were taken off the car, I could understand. I would inevitably default to a much more empathetic humanist mode where I thought, "Yeah, the economy sucks. This guy had kids to feed. My car stereo represents a whole lot more to him than it ever would to me."

But you know what? This was just simple douchbaggery. Last night-slash-this morning there were a dozen cars in my neighborhood that were similarly vandalized. Soft-top convertibles were slashed beyond recognition. Windows and doors slammed to shit.

So this was just *fun* to someone.


Thanks for the Wednesday, asshole. I really didn't fucking need this....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agh. I hate that. My first car (a '78 Chevette) was vandalized several times - broken windows that probably cost me more to replace than what the car was worth.

Douchbaggery is a good word for it.

Casey Serin said...

Sorry about the car... :-(

Now visit my new blog, truecasey.com, to look at a colossal life failure and feel better! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ivizukano.builtfree.org/fehaqe.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
It gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]